NIH/NIDCR Clinical Research Operations and Management Support
Project: Clinical Research Operations and Management Support (CROMS)
Sponsor: HHS/NIH/National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
Project Status: Active
Project Start Date: September 2008
Diseases: The NIDCR supports clinical research designed to answer critical questions on the cause, incidence, prevalence, prevention, and treatment of dental, oral, and craniofacial, diseases, and disorders. Specific areas of research include, but are not limited to: Sjögren’s Syndrome, hypoparathyroidism, oral wound healing, head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, periodontal disease, and oral health promotion.
Project Information: Through the CROMS contract with the NIDCR, Rho has provided clinical research management, oversight, and operations support services to more than 200 clinical trials and observational studies supported by the NIDCR’s Intramural and Extramural programs. Studies range from small, short-term, pilot evaluations involving a single domestic site, to large, multi-year, multi-site clinical studies.
Rho also provides NIDCR staff with:
- adjunct expertise and resources to assure sound and efficient clinical study documentation, clinical site monitoring, data and safety monitoring, data management support, statistical support, and regulatory compliance
- systems and tools to both assist clinical researchers in their operational activities as well as to assist the NIDCR in the effective oversight and administration of its clinical research portfolio
- Clinical Research Policy, Guidelines, and Study Templates
- Assessment of Clinical Site Preparedness and Quality Management Program
- Protocol Development and Study Documents/Materials Preparation
- Study Data Collection, Management and Quality Control
- Training and Training-related Activities
- Regulatory Consultation/Submission Support, FDA Interface Coordination
- Risk-based Clinical Site Monitoring
- NIDCR Safety Reporting Program
- Statistical Support
- Data & Safety Monitoring Committee (DSMC) Support
- Information Management Systems
- General, Logistical Support, Administrative Coordination & Technical Support
Boyce, A. M., Shawker, T. H., Hill, S. C., Choyke, P. L., Hill, M. C., James, R., Yovetich, N.A., Collins, M.T., Gafni, R. (2013). Ultrasound is superior to computed tomography for assessment of medullary nephrocalcinosis in hypoparathyroidism. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 98(3), 989-994.
Gafni, R.I, Guthrie, L.C., Kelly, M.H., Brilliante, B.A., Christie, C.M., Reynolds, J.C., Yovetich, N.A., James, R. Collins, M.T. Transient Increased Calcium and Calcitriol Requirements After Discontinuation of Human Synthetic Parathyroid Hormone 1-34 (hPTH 1-34) Replacement Therapy in Hypoparathyroidism. Journal of Bone Mineral Research. 2015 Nov;30(11):2112-8. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.2555. Epub 2015 Aug 3.
Abram, T.J.*, Floriano, P.N.*, Christodoulides, N., James, R., Kerr, A.R., Thornhill, M.H., Redding, S.W., Vigneswaran, N., Speight, P.M., Vick, J., Murdoch, C., Freeman, C., Hegarty, A.M., D’Apice, K., Phelan, J.A., Corby, P.M., Khouly, I., Bouquot, J., Demian, N.M., Weinstock, Y.E., Rowan, S., Yeh, C., McGuff, H.S., Miller, F.R., Gaur, S., Karthikeyan, K., Taylor, L., Le, C., Nguyen, M., Talavera, H., Raja, R., Wong, J., McDevitt, J.T. (2016) ‘Cytology-on-a-chip’ based sensors for monitoring of potentially malignant oral lesions. Oral Oncology, 60:103-111. *equal contributors
Speight, P.M., Abram, T.J.*, Floriano, P.N.*, James, R., Vick, J., Thornhill, M.H., Murdoch, C., Freeman, C., Hegarty, A., D’Apice, K., Kerr, A.R., Phelan, J., Corby, P., Khouly, I., Vigneswaran, N., Bouquot, J., Demian, N.M., Weinstock, Y.E., Redding, S.W., Rowan, S., Yeh, C., McGuff, H.S., Miller, F.R., McDevitt, J.T. (2015) Interobserver agreement in dysplasia grading: toward an enhanced gold standard for clinical pathology trials. Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology, 120(4):474-482. *equal contributors